Tutorial: How to Install WinCDEmu
If you want to seamlessly mount ISO files and other optical disc images by double-clicking at them in Explorer, you need to install WinCDEmu. Alternatively, you could use the portable version that does not require installation, however, it does not integrate itself into Windows Explorer and requires starting the application manually to mount or unmount images.
To install WinCDEmu, do the following:
- Download the latest version from the WinCDEmu homepage. br>
Run the downloaded file: br>
- Confirm the installation:
- WinCDEmu driver binaries are signed, so that the 64-bit Windows will
load them. However, they do not have the WHQL certificate, so Windows will
ask you to confirm driver installation:
- Select "Install this driver software anyway".
- Once the installation is complete, you can mount the optical disc images by double-clicking on them in Windows Explorer. A step-by-step tutorial is available here.
- If you have any questions or problems, feel free to post on WinCDEmu forum.